Alexander Lopatin
How to write right Present Perfect sentences? I need to re-write two sentences from Past Simple to Present Perfect. 1. Michael and Clair last went out for dinner together four months ago. My Present Perfect: Michael and Clair haven't gone out for dinner together in four months. But Answer Key: Michael and Claire haven’t been out for dinner together in four months. 2. Michael's father and mother gave up work three years ago. My Present Perfect: Michael's father and mother haven't given up work in three years. But Answer Key: Michael’s father and mother haven’t worked in three years. My answers aren't right? Or I can write so?
Your #1 is correct. Your #2 is not correct. Because Michael's mother and father GAVE UP WORK -- that means that they STOPPED WORKING, that NOW they are NOT working. In your answer, you said that they "HAVEN'T GIVEN UP WORK" That is not correct.