Does this sound natural? From my side as a citizen in mainland China, I believe that some of my friends and my colleagues have been first shown a few pictures of protests just right after the occupying of the legislative council, which, of course, they have been told are taken from an illegal and violent anti-China riot. Just tap in '香港游行' (Protests in Hong Kong) on Baidu (the most-used search engine available in China) and take a look at what you've got:
Here are a few more suggestions. To the best of my knowledge, as a citizen in mainland China, I understand that some of my friends and my colleagues have been shown a few pictures taken after the protest that involved the occupation of the legislative council; however, they have been told it was an illegal and violent riot against the Chinese government. Just type in '香港游行' (Protests in Hong Kong) on Baidu (the most-used search engine available in China) and take a look at the information.
------From my side as a citizen in mainland China, my friends, including my colleagues, must have certainly seen a few of pictures of protests, which they have been told is an illegal and violent anti-China riot.------ From my side as a citizen in mainland China, my friends, 【*and/as well as】 my colleagues, must have certainly seen a few pictures of 【the】protests, which they have been told is【**】 an illegal and violent anti-China riot. 【*】 "Your friends" can not include "your colleagues". The notorious use of 包括 as "AND" in Mandarin these days bewilders me. 【**】 "Protests", being plural, does not agree with singular verb "is". You either say "protest...is" or "protests... are".