Kevin Vu
what is the difference between these two sentences? 1. I have started this job for eight weeks 2. I started this job eight weeks ago
That's great. Thank you guys so much
I have talked with my brother recently. [present perfect] I talked with my brother last week. [simple past] More information about the simple past and the present perfect. https://www.ef.com/ca/english-resources/english-grammar/present-perfect-vs-simple-past/
1 is incorrect. “I have had this job for 8 weeks.” I have had this job for 8 weeks and I’m getting sick of it. (Now) I started this job 8 weeks ago, just after I came back from China.(Then)
We don't really say "we have started this job for eight weeks" "I started this job eight weeks ago" is the way we would say it. I suspect sentence 1 could look like this "I have been working here for 8 weeks" Here the only difference is that we are adding the "have been working". This sentence works well and means that you started 8 weeks ago and are still working on the job. hope this helps and reach out if you have any more questions.
Num 1 means that you will work rof six weeks but 2:It's six weeks that you are working