Kia
Please check this below sentence : Answering to this question : Would you try kangaroo meat ? I tried it when I was at high school in a restaurant for Christmas lunch. Or I tried this meat when I was at high school over our Christmas lunch. Or I've tried kangaroo meat in a restaurant during my high school for Christmas lunch.
I would suggest breaking it up into more than 1 sentence (or at least separate some clauses with commas). You have 4 pieces of information here: 1) You tried kangaroo meat, 2) It was while you were in highs school, 3) it was in a restaurant, and 4) it was for Christmas lunch. Of these 4 elements, number 1 is the most important since it directly answers the question. Number 2 has relevance because, depending on how long ago you were in high school, it could affect your memory of the event, also cooking methods may have changed. Numbers 3 & 4 add very little. So, here is how I would answer it: "Yes, I tried kangaroo meat when I was in high school. I had it during a Christmas lunch at a restaurant in Melbourne." (I just had to add the part about Melbourne because I tried Kangaroo there this past February. It was Dee-Lish-Us!!)
I like the first sentence... it sounds more natural. There is a lot of information in the answer, three time points: High school, restaurant, christmas luch. It may work better if there was a comma in the sentence. This will help it sound like a spoken answer. I tried it when I was in high school, in a restaurant for christmas lunch. Hope this helps.
Last one sounds correct