Check out our updated Community
Patrycja
Preposition of place Hi! Could you help me with finding proper words for these in korean? ๐Ÿ“ŒAbove - (Iโ€™ve seen ์œ„์— used as on and above as well, but if thatโ€™s the case then how do you know what the person really wants to say?) + the other propositions were: ๋ณด๋‹ค ์œ„์—, ๋ณด๋‹ค ๋งŽ์€. ๐Ÿ“ŒAt the front - (because from what Iโ€™ve learned ์•ž์— is only if I want to say that one thing is in front of the other, how to say that something is generally at the front?) ๐Ÿ“Œ Along - (like I was walking along the street) ๐Ÿ“ŒAmong - (Like The house is placed among the trees) ๐Ÿ“Œ In front of each other (How to say that 2 things are like โ€šfacingโ€™ each other, I found ๋งˆ์ฃผ ๋ณด๋‹ค but I think itโ€™s for people only)
Answers ยท 1
โ€ข ์œ„์— can mean on, above, over, and even up, but the surrounding words make it clear what is meant. There are also other related words when more clarity is needed. - ์–ธ๋• ์œ„์˜ ์ง‘ = a house on the hill - ์–ธ๋• ์œ„๋ฅผ ๋‚ ์•„๊ฐ€๋Š” ์ƒˆ๋“ค = birds flying over the hill. - ์„œ์šธ ์œ„์— ๋‚˜ํƒ€๋‚œ ์ƒˆ๋–ผ => ์„œ์šธ ์ƒ๊ณต์— ๋‚˜ํƒ€๋‚œ ์ƒˆ๋—ด = a large flock of birds that appeared over Seoul. (์ƒ๊ณต = airspace) - ๋ณด๋‹ค ์œ„์— = further/higher up. (๋” ์œ„์— is more common than ๋ณด๋‹ค ์œ„์—, and ๋” ๋งŽ์ด than ๋ณด๋‹ค ๋งŽ์ด) e.g. ์‚ฐ์˜ ์ค‘ํ„ฑ๊นŒ์ง€๋Š” ์—ฌ๋Ÿฌ๊ฐ€์ง€ ๋‚˜๋ฌด๊ฐ€ ๋’ค์„ž์—ฌ ์žˆ๊ณ  ๋” ์œ„์—๋Š” ์ฃผ๋กœ ์†Œ๋‚˜๋ฌด๋“ค์ด ์žˆ๋‹ค. โ€ข ์•ž์— is just one of the many ways ์•ž can be used. "X(์˜) ์•ž์—" means in front of X, while ์•ž์— or ์•ž์ชฝ์— by itself means "in/at the front". - ๊ฑด๋ฌผ ์•ž์— ์†Œ๋ฐฉ์ฐจ๊ฐ€ ์žˆ๋‹ค = A firetruck is in front of the building. - ๊ฑด๋ฌผ(์˜) ์•ž์€ ๋„“์€ ๋Œ€๋กœ์ด๋‹ค = The front of the building is a large thoroughfare. - (์•„ํŒŒํŠธ์˜) ์•ž์ชฝ์— ์‚ฌ๋ฌด์‹ค์ด ์žˆ๋‹ค = There is an office in the front area (of the apartment) (์ชฝ = direction, area). โ€ข along = (-์„/๋ฅผ) ๋”ฐ๋ผ(์„œ) (๋”ฐ๋ผ(์„œ) can also mean "following after someone/something). - ๋‚˜๋Š” ๊ธธ์„ ๋”ฐ๋ผ(์„œ) ๊ฑท๊ณ  ์žˆ์—ˆ๋‹ค = I was walking along the street. โ€ข among = (-์˜) ๊ฐ€์šด๋ฐ(์—) / ์ค‘(์—). - ์ง‘์€ ๋‚˜๋ฌด๋“ค ๊ฐ€์šด๋ฐ(์—) ์žˆ๋‹ค = The house is placed among the trees. โ€ข is in front of each other / faces each other = ๋งˆ์ฃผ๋ณด๋‹ค (used for both people and things). There are also other words and phrases like ๋งˆ์ฃผ ์„œ ์žˆ๋‹ค (stand facing each other), ๋งˆ์ฃผํ•˜๋‹ค, and so on. - ๊ธธ์„ ์‚ฌ์ด์— ๋‘๊ณ  ๋งˆ์ฃผ๋ณด๋Š”/๋งˆ์ฃผ ์„œ์žˆ๋Š” ๋‘ ๊ฑด๋ฌผ = Two buildings facing each other across the street. (๋งˆ์ฃผ ์„œ ์žˆ๋‹ค = short for ๋งˆ์ฃผํ•˜๊ณ  ์„œ ์žˆ๋‹ค. ๋งˆ์ฃผํ•˜๋‹ค and ๋งˆ์ฃผ๋ณด๋‹ค are synonyms in this usage.)
Patrycja
English, Korean, Polish, Spanish
English, Korean, Spanish