younes
both refers to what,in this sentence?does it referes to kidney? hi there "And the brain both shapes us and is shaped by us. And the brain is who we are." Well, both my parents in fact trained in neurology, but I think the important thing was that the brain seemed to me by far the most interesting thing in the world. I am full of admiration for kidneys and kidney specialists, but the brain is much more interesting than a kidney. And the brain both shapes us and is shaped by us. And the brain is who we are.
9 de jul de 2019 22:41
1
0
Hello, No, "both" does not refer to the kidneys in this passage. "Both" is referring to 1. the fact that the brain shapes us; and 2. the fact that we shape the brain. "Both" is referring to these 2 points regarding the brain - on the one hand, that the brain shapes us through all of the wondrous things that it can do and on the other hand, we shape the brain by what we choose to learn, experience, etc. Best regards, Shani
9 de Julio de 2019
younes
English, Persian (Farsi)