Sergey
Can we use "according to" instead "in accordance with his wishes"? The millionaire's donation was allocated in accordance with his wishes. The millionaire's donation was allocated according to his wishes.
They are similar but I prefer "in accordance with" if you are using "wishes". The word "wishes" doesn't suggest a detailed plan or recipe. "Wishes" might not be the best word if you are talking about monetary allocation. We organized the parade in accordance with tradition. We planned the anniversary party in accordance with the wishes of the couple. I assembled the furniture according to the instructions We acted according to the plan. I cooked the meal according to the recipe.
"The millionaire's donation was allocated in accordance with his wishes. The millionaire's donation was allocated according to his wishes." They are exactly the same in meaning. The first is more formal, the 2nd is more casual. In general conversation, you would usually say '...according to his wishes', but in a more formal meeting or in business/legal documentation, you would normally hear or see '...in accordance with his wishes'.
100% the same meaning in accordance to is sometimes heard for certain situations.
I definitely wouldn't - to me different emphasis and certainly not 100% same despite other comments. To me the first is the more formal and the second the casual approach. I prefer in accordance. According to has slight ambiguity, whereas accordance is. Think of 'he wanted the donation distributed ...' As he wished, it was done.' Wishy-washy. To me 'accordance' adds the feeling of 'precisely as he wished'
Sergey, this seems perfectly fine to me!