XiaoDeng
just say it. I'm just saying. Just say it, you're a drama queen. I'm just saying, I don't think he's boyfriend material. Just say it, and (I'm) just saying, mean the same thing, right? Used when we are making a criticism or complaint, to make it less likely to offend someone.
4
0
In this case, “just say it” is similar to “admit it”. “Just say it” is stronger than “I’m just saying.” It is telling the person to think about the question and agree with you. “I’m just saying” is just someone stating his opinion. There are other ways you could use “just say it”. “Just say it. You don’t love me any more.” (I thought you felt that way from your actions, but now let’s talk about it.)
No they have different meanings. "I'm just saying" fits the definition you gave but "Just say it" means "if you have something to say then say it now". You would say "just say it" when someone doesn't want to say something because they might offend you or get in trouble and you want them to tell you anyway.
XiaoDeng
Chinese (Other), English