Kai
English Grammar I wonder if we can reverse this few sentences like this: like "Does this make sense to you if I use the word "or" three times like this" to "If I use the word "or" three times like this, does this make sense to you." or like "will it make sense to you if I use the word "or" three times like this" to "if I use the word "or" three times like this, will it make sense to you."
Thanks a million, Timothy. You enlightened me!!!
Yes, you can reverse the if clause. The key is that you need a comma at the end of the clause if you start the sentence with the word if. If the clause is in the middle of the sentence, no comma is needed. (You did it correctly above. Well done!) A few more notes. Your first sentences are better than the second ones. I understand both, but I would not use the word will in this context. Also, I would just say “Does it make sense if...” You do not need to include the “to you” I hope that helps!
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian