Helena
Could you please Translate these sentences in English? 1_但有时事情就是出在哥们儿那里。 2_明天什么时候给大哥您送去? 3_怎么还好意思让人送? 4_哥们儿连影子都没有。 5_我一天都想着您的事,可我找的办事的那哥们儿今天正好不在。 6_瞧我这事给办的。 7_这样那吧,您急不急,不急,我还有一个哥们儿。 8_what does mean 总不能计较吧 in this sentence? 还有什么可说的,哥们儿是兄弟,总不能计较吧
will do! I can clarify anything if you still need help!
Hi Helena: as a native Mandarin speaker I would say the sentences you presented were not easy to translate as there are a lot of dedicate references in some words such as "哥们儿" “好意思”. I tried by best to give you the directly meaning, but I guess you would need more context to precisely grab hold of their meaning. 1. but sometimes it was the bro (brother, which means 哥们儿) who caused the problem. 2. when do I deliver it for you tomorrow, bro? 3. this is one was a bit hard to translate directly. It was a very indirect way of saying "I don't wanna causing any inconvenience" but it also has the meaning of "If you would deliver it for me, I would appreciate your help." 4. Directly translation: There is no shadow of that bro; indirect translation but with more precise meaning: I can't find that bro anywhere. 5. I was thinking of your issue all day long but unfortunately the guy whom I need is not here today. 6. Look at the thing I did. 7.Alright, please don't worry about it, I have another bro. (You might know that the character "还" can be translated in "also, as well" in English, but in this case, it doesn't mean"I also have a bro" but means"I have another bro which can help", according to the context you gave me) 8.what else do you say, bro is bro, you don't want to be critical/strict/mean, right? both "哥们儿" and “兄弟” refer to either 1. your biological brothers, or 2. somebody who is a close friend to you, so they can be used interchangeably. "计较"basically refers to caring about some tiny things too much (such as money, benefit, etc), of course, in a negative way. I would say these sentences are often used by boys/men in China, especially oral Mandarin, but it 's not easy to fully understand for the beginning learners. Hope my answer helps!
Please put your answer in answers place, I want to choose it as perfect answer
Wow.... Thanks so much much really