Past Simple nad Present Continuous in one sentence Hello. I've got a question related to tenses. I am watching a sad movie that is making me cry and my friend is sending me a text message making me smile. I want to tell him about it so is this sentence okay? I'm watching a movie that's making me cry and your message made me smile. Should I write I have been watching or get rid of Past Simple?
you might try to put the various actions on a timeline for each sentence Present I am watching a sad movie that is making me cry and my friend is sending me a text message making me smile. This sentence is possible if you are talking to someone on the phone for example and telling them all these things that are happening at the same present time Past Present your message made me smile. I'm watching a movie that's making me cry This sentence does not make much sense to me Past I was watching a movie that made me cry and your message made me smile. This sentence makes sense to me
Chris is right. Your response was correct.
Your statement is correct and natural.