Ensomih
Colloquial phrases Please give me some information in order to understand (even if the use is not really sound from grammar point of view): 1. Hold up - meaning and usage 2. Got - meaning and usage - I hear that word relly often in terms of "have" i guess
2
0
HOLD HELD HELD Get got gotten (1) "HOLD +preposition " It have many means 1.HOLD up hands ; 2 .train HOLD up (delay) (2) get +prep it also many means (3) you can seek your dictionary then solutions your questions
I suggest trying to find the meanings in specific contexts. Look for examples of how the phrases are used in a specific context. There are many online tools to help. 1. Hold up could mean a delay. E.g. There's a hold up at the train station. 2. Got could mean many different things. But typically it's similar to obtain/get possession of something, e.g. I got a job, got a new girlfriend.
Ensomih