Alyosha Radyuk
Do you think the following sentence is correct? "What was that ticket that John had done but I still need to finish?" Or should it be "has done"? What I mean is that there was a ticket(=a task) that John, my colleague, said he had done, but after another colleague checked it it proved to be still not finished. And John is on vacation now so i have to finish it for him. And we already had the discussion about that ticket with my colleague before, that's why i'm asking "what was that ticket...", I want him to refresh me Thank you in advance
had done is grammatically correct. But we would say "what was that ticket that John had started but I still need to finish" this is emphasising "that John did not finish/complete the job (ticket) now you have to finish the job"
Привет Если ты уже использовал прошедшее время, то есть написал what was, то дальше будет согласование времен и сказать John has done будет неверно, пусть даже если и оказалось, что он его не сделал и ты должен его закончить. Либо же менять конструкцию и спросить What is the ticket that John hasn't done(ну или has done) but I stilll need to finish?