James
How are 「やってられる」and「やれる」different? Hello everyone! Would you be able to help me a little? You see, I am translating Yui's song "Again". In the song, there are the lyrics, "無難になんてやてられないから帰る場所もないの". I think I understand the meaning, but I do not understand the difference between「やってられる and「やれる」. If you can explain this, I will be thankful! ^ _ ^ Thank you everyone in advance! :)
5
0
「やってられる」is kinda short version of 「やっていられる」. 「やっていられる」means you can handle something, or you can keep yourself doing something. 「やれる」means "be able to do something, or you can do something. 「謝らなくちゃ」is a short version of 「謝らなくてはいけない」, which means " have to apologize/ have to say sorry". we use ~くちゃ instead of ~くてはいけない when we talk, this is spoken language. I love YUI's "Again", too! Hope this help you a bit!
やってられない I cannot keep doing くちゃ have to, need to
I also do not understand the grammar of "謝らなくちゃ"! 😅 I don't understand the verb conjugation here. Does anyone know how to use this ~くちゃ?
James
Japanese