Pineapple
tap into Does "tap into" in the following extracts connote "refer to"? Extracts: 2.the commercial opens with two foreboding landscapes that tap into the popular fallacy that nature reflects human emotion (more anthropomorphism) and create a sense of premonition through vast, dramatically lit skies. 1.Here, the advertisements were presented as a commentary on women’s formative experiences, tapping into women’s propensity for introspection and selfanalysis.
1
0
No, it means "use". I tapped into my enemy's anger, and insulted him in order to make him attack before he was ready. The quack (fake) doctor tapped into my grandmother's desire for health in order take her money. The phrase comes from the beer industry. Beer used to be sold in large barrels or kegs, and you would put a "tap" (a small spigot) in the barrel in order to pour out a small amount of beer. Similarly, after the commercial taps into the fallacy, the fallacy still exists, and another commercial can tap into it in the future.
Pineapple
English, German, Persian (Farsi)
English, German