Nimas3
Is this grammatical? Hi This tourist attraction gives you a choice of ten different types of entertainments and activities. Am I using "entertainments" correctly? Can I put an "s" at the end like that? How about the rest? Thank you in advance
3
0
Hi Nimas, “Entertainment” is most naturally an uncountable noun. You can put the countable noun first so that the number is more directly modifying it, and that sounds very natural “.... a choice of ten different types of activities and entertainment”.
I would use entertainment in the uncountable way. Because you say 'ten different types' (which is plural) of something specifically, so you don't need to make entertainment plural. "ten different types of entertainment"
'entertainments' is fine and works well in your sentence. The rest of the sentence is good as well. Edit: I just wanted to add that 'entertainment' can be a countable or non-countable noun. You're using it in the countable sense and for that reason it works well in your sentence.
Nimas3
English, Persian (Farsi)