Ppman
learn or learn how to I am learning baseball/ piano/ dancing/ driving. I am learning how to play baseball/ playing the piano/ dance/ drive. Do I have to use "how to" when I use learn?
Hello, If you look at the entry in the Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary, you will see a number of examples of how to use "learn". http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/learn "Learn" can have an infinitive verb with "to" or a noun as an object. "How" is optional if you use an infinitive verb, and incorrect if you have a noun as an object. (1) I am learning to play baseball. (2) I am learning how to play baseball. (3) I am learning my lines for the play. "Learn" cannot be followed by a verb in the -ing form, so "I am learning dancing" is not correct. You would need to say, "I am learning to dance." Notice that "to" in this case is part of an infinitive verb. It is NOT the preposition "to".
Thank you so much.
Yes! You have to use 'how to' with those types of activities. Although you can say I'm learning English but you can't say I'm learning football.