Dana
翻訳するのを手伝ってください! この文を訳すのを手伝ってください。m(_ _)m 「もっとも、日ごろから謹厳な先生のことだから、これが、今日のような未知の女客に対してでなくとも、そうだちうことは、わざわざ断る必要もないであろう。」 It's about something like "because he was a serious professor, it wasn't necessary to make that clear towards an unknown female guest like today", right? But I need a good translation for the sentence and can't really do it. ありがとうございます!
5
0
This sentence seems to be a part of an old novel which is more than 50 years ago. To translate novels is a professional job so only I can explain roughly. It's because my professor is always diligent it's needless to say that he would act in the same way to anybody , even if they are not unknown female guests like today's one.
”もつとも、日頃から謹厳な先生の事だから、これが、今日のやうな未知の女客に対してでなくとも、さうだと云ふ事は、わざわざ断る必要もないであらう。” It is from 手巾 by 芥川龍之介 https://www.aozora.gr.jp/cards/000879/files/43_15268.html I think this roughly means like this: "Well, this professor is always being serious and, needless to say, he treats all the visitors so, including today's unknown female one"
This sentence seems to be a part of an old novel which is more than 50 years ago. To translate novels is a professional job so only I can explain roughly. It's because my professor is always diligent it's needless to say that he would act in the same way to anybody , even if they are not unknown female guest like today's one.
Dana
English, German, Japanese
Japanese