Christine Lin
How often is it to see a quilt shop in english speaking countries? https://christinelinhumpine.tumblr.com/post/186161403809/cat-quilt-blanket-humpine
We don't have shops exclusively dedicated to quilts in the UK, but you'll find mass-produced quilts in the bedding department of most shops. You'll also find more 'artisan'-style or even hand-made quilts in handicraft shops, along with knitted garments, pottery and suchlike. Quilting is also a quite a popular pastime. A few of my friends enjoy making quilts in their spare time, and hobby shops in Britain are full of fabrics and equipment for quilting.
Handmade quilts are an art form. You are asking how often do you see artists working in a shop creating quilts? I suppose it depends on the demand for them. I’m not sure about in England but here I the USA it would be rare to come across a quilt shop unless you were in a region where it is still a custom to make them. We have an area here known as Amish Country where the Amish people live, which is generally the state of Pennsylvania. Hand made quilts will be a common thing a tourist might like to buy while visiting Amish communities.
They are fairly common in Australia, but they are usually called fabric shops and sell not just quilts or quilting supplies but all kinds of fabrics and sewing supplies.