moussa
"Take out appendix" In the following paragraph, what does it mean to "take out your appendix"? This is boring but important, for debt is a cosmic or "big picture" lesson. What about other forms of debt, like credit cards? I got my first card when I was in basic training in the Army Medical Corps. (I actually know how to take out your appendix.) I have no idea what it means in the context-just guess it might attract their attention. Please let me know what it is exactly. Thank you so much.
text I was in basic training in the Army Medical Corps. (I actually know how to take out your appendix.) meaning The speaker had basic medical training while he was in the army. He knows how to remove a person's appendix (a small organ in the body that can cause death if it ruptures).
It's a way to say that 'I know how to do something difficult.' Like I've been through tough training and now I'm more prepared. I don't think you can apply the literal meaning as it's not related to the context.
The writer was a Medic (Doctor) in the military. An appendix is a small organ attached to your intestines which sometimes becomes inflamed and can be easily removed by a surgeon in theatre. When your appendix is inflamed it is called appendicitis. Once it has become inflamed you have no choice other than to have it surgically removed, if you don't it will burst and cause peritonitis and you could die from septicaemia. I hope this answers your question.