wxf
a question about preposition (1)to collect snails from my garden to collect snails in my garden (2)your stomach would turn at the idea of frying potatoes with animal fat your stomach would turn at the idea of frying potatoes in animal fat are both ok or the meaning will be different if i change it?
6
0
In your examples, there is no significant difference in meaning. The definitions I'm providing are just to give you a sense of how they might be different. (1)to collect snails from my garden (the snails came from the garden) to collect snails in my garden (I collected the snails in the garden) (2)Your stomach would turn at the idea of frying potatoes with animal fat. (I used animal fat to fry the potatoes) Your stomach would turn at the idea of frying potatoes in animal fat. (The potatoes were fried in a pan of animal fat) I wouldn't split hairs over the slight difference in meaning; it's not worth the time.
Pang Jin Hu,Your advice are most welcome よろしくお願いします
plz!!
Both the statements in (1) and (2) have identical meaning in English so it's OK.
wxf