Elena
Can you help me to understand this joke? I can translate it, but I don't understand what this joke is about.... 1.老夫妇去拍照,摄影师问:“大爷,您是要侧光,逆光,还是全光?",大爷腼腆的说:“我是无所谓,能不能给你大妈留条裤衩?"
Google Translate translates it like this: 'The old couple went to take pictures. The photographer asked: "Grandfather, do you want to face, backlight, or all-light?", Grandpa said: "I don't care, can you give your aunt a crotch?"' I don't fully understand the joke, either, but I will define some of the vocabulary for you. In the context of photography, the photographer is asking Grandpa which lighting he prefers: face - light on only the face backlight - light from behind all light - the entire body is lit crotch - the place on the body between the legs OR the cloth that covers this body part I think the joke is that Grandpa thinks they have to take off their clothes for the photograph and he's asking for Grandma to be able to cover her crotch. It doesn't make any sense to me.
What the photoer asked is about the types of taking photoes, but, the man realized it wrongly, he means'' I don't care, just keep me a pair of pants for my wife please. (he thought he was aksed to take off clothes) -------------- what do you think of my expaining?
Hi Elena, here's my thoughts, and thank you for reading my answer patiently :) The Grandpa misunderstood the photographer. To understand this joke, it's better that you understand the meaning of "光". "光" has many meanings: 1. light (as in 侧光side light, 逆光backlight and 全光all light) 2. "光” means exposure, not wearing clothes, or being exposed to the public( for example, this celebrity's scandal was exposed,这个名人的丑闻曝光了) Here in this joke, the photographer and the Grandpa have different understanding of "侧光,逆光和全光". The Grandpa misunderstood the photographer perhaps he rarely goes to photo studios and has never heard of those terms used in photography. He thought the photographer told him to either expose the side of his body, or the back of his body, or all of his body. That's why he told the photographer that he was okay with the exposure. But he wanted to protect his wife, asking to leave his wife a pair of shorts. Hope it helps!
The elderly couple went to take pictures, the photographer asked him: "Grandpa, do you want to face it, against the light or with total light?", Grandpa said: "I do not care... . Henry
What the photoer asked is about the types of taking photoes, but, the man realized it wrongly, he means'' I don't care, just keep me a pair of pants for my wife please. (he thought he was aksed to take off clothes) -------------- what do you think of my explaining?