_?_
Does "beautiful consciousness" sound okay? I know the phrase may sound strange, but I need to use a proper word that expresses the beauty of being conscious, like after waking up from a long and comfortable sleep at night. Can "beautiful" work fine as an adjective of "consciousness"? Thanks a lot
10
0
The word, beautiful is often used to describe physical attributes. Perhaps a word that stresses the inward feelings might be more appropriate. Words such as "blissful" and "joyful" express the type of thankful awareness a person might feel after a restful sleep.
I don’t think “beautiful” or “consciousness” are good words for what you are trying to describe. If you are talking about feeling good after a good night’s sleep, you aren’t doing so. You can talk about “regaining consciousness” but that would be coming out of a coma, not waking up. “Beautiful” can describe just about anything I guess, but it isn’t very meaningful.
It seems weird because the person in your story had a good night's sleep. It would make more sense to use a negative adjective to contrast the good sleep with the less desirable wakefulness. However, if you also want to use a positive adjective for waking up you can use beautiful.
Thank you, Nanren! Good to know this.
If you are thinking at this time that consciousness is beautiful, then yes, absolutely. As Naomi says expertly below, it is not the most common word to describe consiousness, but definitely an option that would be understood.
_?_
English, Other