simba0722
Does this sounds nutural? I felf a bit out of element in that luxury hotel. I feel like I don`t belong here in a luxury hotel.
2
0
“I felt out of place” would be the more common English idiom to use here - element is typically used in more specialized contexts (e.g. a list of chemistry elements including iron, zinc, magnesium; philosophers used to think the world was composed of only a few elements: earth, wind, fire, water...). Also it can be used in the following idiom, which might have been what you were trying to say? “I’m a bit out of my element” - in which case the verb is “to be,” not “to feel.” However, I would stick to “felt out of place” for the context you provided. The “element” idiom makes me feel like we’re in the middle of a fight featured in an anime episode, for example, or we’re in a training (professional or recreational) context and learning new skills.
simba0722