Meg.T
set up a meet What's the difference between a meeting and a meet?
3
0
Thank you for the comment. I got this phrase from "We (the police) need to set up a meet with a informant." Maybe it does not used often like this?
'Meeting' is a noun. 'Meet' is usually a verb. However, in the case of sporting events, 'meet' can be used as a noun. I have a business meeting at 2:00 p.m. Please meet me at the restaurant. The track meet is next Thursday.
That's a very interesting question! Normally, in American English, a meeting is a pre-planned time and place for getting together with other people. This is usually in order to talk about a certain subject, which is usually understood in advance. For example, "our company will have a meeting tomorrow after lunch to discuss how many new truck drivers we need to hire." A meet, on the other hand, is usually a set time and place for a sporting event. For example, "those two teams are rivals. In fact, they hate each other. There will be a meet next Saturday at the fairgrounds. Be sure to see it!" Hope this helps!
Meg.T
English, Italian, Japanese
English, Italian