Could you please check my examples?
1. My work involves dealing with people, so basically I have to be in control of my emotions.
2. When I go out, I always have a copy of my passport with me, in case the police ask for it.
3. In general, I’d say that I can never arrive anywhere on time, so, I always try to be early.
4. I wish I had studied English harder when I was at school. In fact, I didn’t spend any time studying it.
5. At university, when I started reading our philosophy textbook, I couldn’t take it in completely.
6. I didn’t want him to enter the flat, but he did, and I started to look for my phone in a panic.
7. At the time, he didn’t show that he was annoyed, but since then he has had it in for me.