Victor Khanin
PHRASES WITH IN Could you please check my examples? 1. My work involves dealing with people, so basically I feel in control of my emotions. 2. When I go out, I always have the copy of my passport with me in case the police ask for it. 3. I’d say that I can’t come somewhere in time. I always come a long time before. 4. I wish I had studied English harder when I was at school. In fact, I didn’t spend any time studying it. 5. At university, when I started reading our philosophy textbook, I couldn’t take it in completely. 6. I didn’t want him to enter the flat, but he did, and I started to look for my phone in panic. 7. In that moment he didn’t show that he was annoyed, but since then he had it in for me.
5
0
Could you please check my examples? 1. My work involves dealing with people, so basically I have to be in control of my emotions. 2. When I go out, I always have a copy of my passport with me, in case the police ask for it. 3. In general, I’d say that I can never arrive anywhere on time, so, I always try to be early. 4. I wish I had studied English harder when I was at school. In fact, I didn’t spend any time studying it. 5. At university, when I started reading our philosophy textbook, I couldn’t take it in completely. 6. I didn’t want him to enter the flat, but he did, and I started to look for my phone in a panic. 7. At the time, he didn’t show that he was annoyed, but since then he has had it in for me.
6. in A panic
Great job! Good use of "in control," "in case," .... Some small corrections (based on North American English) 3. "in time" - "in time" and "on time" have slightly different meanings. "In time" means "not late" and "on time" means "at the planned time." A person arrives in time for the 10 a.m. train and arrives on time for a 10 a.m. meeting. 4. "at school" - "in school/college/university" usually means being a student. I believe British English uses "at school" (but I'm not British, so don't rely on my opinion). 6. "in panic" - both "in panic" and "in a panic" are fine. 7. "... since then he has had it in for me." - This appears to refer to a time period starting from "being annoyed" and continuing until "now," so the present prefect of "to have it in for somebody" is needed. So "he HAS HAD it in for me" is required.
Great effort Victor! 1. My work involves dealing with people, so I need to be in control of my emotions. 2. When I go out I always take my passport with me, in case the police ask for it. 3. I said that I won't be late. I will always be early. 4. I wish I had studied the English language more when I was at school. In fact, I didn’t spend any time studying it. 5. At university, when I started reading the philosophy textbook, I couldn’t take it in completely. 6. I didn’t want him to enter the flat, but he did, and I started to look for my phone in a panic. 7. At that moment he didn’t show that he was annoyed, but since then, he had it in for me.
Victor Khanin