danan
worth & worthy her behavior is worthy of praise. the book is well worth reading. I read these two sentences from dictionary, and I made the following sentence, "her behavior is worth praising" I am wondering whether it is correct or not. or is it commonly used compared with the first sentence? thanks a lot.
22 de Jul de 2019 às 06:57
3
0
"Her behavior is worth praising' is grammatically correct in English. In fact, I'd say that 'her behaviour is worthy of praise' is more stylistic and is a phrase more commonly found in novels than conversations.
22 de Julho de 2019
Hi, the sentence you came up with would be the correct way to use worth. Worth is synonymous with value. You find her behavior of value... which is also worth of being praised. Another example is the apple is worth $1, to me that is not worth it. Paying $1 is way too expensive, but it would be worth it if it were $0.50. Worthy is synonymous with deserving. He is not worthy of your friendship. Hope that helps.
1 de Setembro de 2019
danan
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean