Artem Kuzmin
How to break the barrier? Hi guys! I have a question that I want to discuss with you! I have been learning English for many years, but my level still B2/B1. It’s scary for me to communicate with strangers in English. Chatting in English is not a problem for me. but when a person asks me something in the street I forget all that I know. All that I can say is “oh ohh sorry” How can I break this barrier? What I need to do to be more confidence?
22 июля 2019 г., 10:50
9
0
Hi Artem,...it's completely normal. I've concluded that the only way I am going to break through this barrier is to try and speak Russian more regularly, with lots of different people. Especially tutors who will ask me questions that I have not had the chance to think about. So I need to grasp the nettle with both hands, or take the bull by the horns. I will also have to find the local Russian speakers here, while you spot the English-speaking ones in your neck of the woods!
22 июля 2019 г.
What I suggest is you should try to get into that situation on purpose. Walk up to people on the street and talk to them. Who cares if you make mistakes? It is part of the process. Another great way to improve your skills is talking to yourself (it is called autologia). Try to describe things, events around you and "speak in your head" (you can also say it loudly but it is not always recommended...) Imagine situations and conversations. This will help your thoughts flow more easily. Just do not stay there for long, you want to talk to people, right? :)
22 июля 2019 г.
Don't judge yourself and be scared of making mistakes. Also your mind is probably stressed and you become nervous when someone talks to you so take a deep breath, try to relax and then you will have more confidence.
22 июля 2019 г.
You need to think for a second and then try in English. Or you can go up to someone who speaks English and ask them something.
22 июля 2019 г.
The only way is chatting. Don't worry about speak wrongly. You are learning and natives will understand, don't worry about it.
22 июля 2019 г.
Artem Kuzmin