Thomas
Would you help to answer the questions?Please First question I wanted to buy a ticket. I want to buy a ticket. What is the different of them... Second When we use thought in a sentence.. Give a sentence about it Third question When we use have had And what is the meaning of have had Last. When use use like to and like
1- " Wanted" is "to want" in the past, so I want to buy a ticket means "I want to buy a ticket now", while I wanted to bu y a ticket means "I want to buy a ticket", but it is a past action. 2- I think you are referring to the verb. In this case: I thought the doctor took you home 3- I have had a long day -> to have in the past 4- Look at this: I like football (football is one of my favourite sports) I like to travel -> like + infinitive -> travelling is one of my favourite hobbies I think you should revise the Simple past, so everything will be clear