Oleg here
Why do "with" sounds like "wich"? I'm watching Shrek and faced to strange pronounce where "with" replaced with "wich". You can hear that in 3 second video here: http://d.zaix.ru/dsSb.mp3 So is it normal to imitate his pronounce for learning English for foreigners?
5
0
It is a very slangy thing that happens when combining words with "you." I wouldn't really call it strange or normal. It is something that can happen when speaking very fast or trying to talk in a funny or exaggerated way. It can also almost be kind of cute because some infants may talk in such a way. Transcription: What? Can I stay wichoo? Proper: What? Can I stay with you? More examples: What do you mean? > Whachoo mean? Note: This is more commonly said as "Whatcha mean?" What are you doing? > Whachoo doin? Note: This is more commonly said as "Whatcha doin?"
Do you have perhaps a better link? I don't mean to be rude, but that domain name is quite sketchy and many of us would feel more comfortable following a url from a more well-known domain, like youtube.com.
Oleg here