momo
Which sentence do you think is the most likely to be used in conversation? Imagine that your mother says. 1:With so many useful things, life has become a lot easier! 2:Now that there are so many useful things, life has become much easier! 3:Having lots of handy things has made life really easy. I think these three sentences are the almost same meanings. However, because I am a foreigner, I can’t find which is the most formal and which is most casual, or don’t have such differences. Please tell me which sentence you think is the most likely to be said in everyday life.
3
0
The three sentences move from least casual to most casual. The third one is most likely something a mother would say to her son.
None of your examples are particularly good or bad, neither are they particularly formal or informal. They are pretty neutral. Informal: With all the new gadgets that have come out over the years, life sure has gotten a whole lot better. Formal: In the modern day, the constant stream of new innovations has brought with it greatly increased standards of living.
#3 is more natural in 'family' style conversation. The other 2 are fine but not quite as familiar in language as the 3rd.
momo
English, French, Japanese