Indalecio Garcia
wich one? Hello!! yesterday I heard someone said(sorry did I creep you out? my question is: if I say (sorry did I scare you?) do I mean the same? I had never heard the first one before!! but, I think (creep out) is a phrasal verb. Thanks in advance.
25. Juli 2019 12:32
6
0
No they are not the same. Being creepy, or “Creeping someone out” is to make someone feel uncomfortable and nervous. Fear can be a part of that also, but it doesn’t have to be. Scaring someone is simply to make them afraid.
25. Juli 2019
Hello, Indalecio. You're correct, 'creep out' is a phrasal verb. We use it informally in the United States. I'm not sure if your use of 'creep out' would mean the same as scaring someone. This is because 'creep out' can also imply you are disgusted by something (in addition to being afraid or uncomfortable). What context did you want to use 'creep out' in? I have also included some example sentences of the phrasal verb below: 1. He was creeped out by the sight of blood. 2. Spiders and snakes really creep me out. 3. The woman was creeped out by the strange man's behavior. 4. Aren't you creeped out walking home alone at night? 5. Joe was creeped out by the house because it appeared to be haunted. If you are interested in taking English lessons (including how to use phrasal verbs), feel free to message me today! I am a professional teacher on Italki, and I am currently accepting new students. Have a good day!
25. Juli 2019
Indalecio Garcia