David
Where in the north of Morocco can I learn riq'a calligraphy? I'd like to practice basics of riq'a writing style with a teacher. Would it be difficult to find a calligraphy teacher in any place in the north of Morocco? Where should I look? How much could a lesson cost? I planned to go to Alexandria in Egypt, but for quite some time I have not seen any cheap flights there. I could fly to the south of Spain (eg. Malaga) and then maybe take a ferry or bus to Morocco. Any place where I can get easily on the public transport and find a teacher and cheap accommodation will do.
Thank you for your comment, Layana. I have noticed, that people teaching calligraphy have often had their education in the Arts, I was already paying attention to the advertisements of arts courses and their calligraphy teachers. I guess that if a place has such a school, I could go there and ask a teacher for a few private classes. But I've only seen such courses advertised in Egypt :-) Probably because I cannot read Arabic :-) I see that you are from Turkey - the place where riq'a was created and where many Islamic calligraphers were trained and received their icaze :-)
I'm not from morocco but can I ask you if you went to any college or university to ask especially colleges of Fine Arts, generally in the middle east they teach that there. Even if they can't help you they surely will guide you to some places where you can learn it . And yeah wish you luck 👍🙏