Nazar
"I'm starving" vs "I'm starved" Hi! I am wondering, if there's the distinction between these two phrases?
In modern, standard English, "I'm starving" means "I'm hungry". We tend to use "be starved" in the phrase 'to be starved of + object', meaning to be deprived of. For example: The plants died because they were starved of light. Most junior doctors spend their working lives starved of sleep. That is how most native speakers use these words these days. You will find different usages in older contexts ( 'starve' comes from an archaic word meaning 'die' and in the past it could be used in other contexts, such being freezing cold) and you may also hear some different regional uses of the words.
Well, I'm starving is present continues but the meaning behind them is the same. It means "I'm hungry".
I saw people use ‘I am starving’ more frequently. It describes the current status vividly.