anthony
Kitabimin baştan savma okunmasini istemedigimden, onunla ilgili anilarimi yazarken çok zorluk I was wondering about the part before the comma. 1. shouldn't it be "bastani" since it is "from the beginning of ..." i.e. possessive ? 2. okunmasini ? why "sini" suffix? 3. istemedigimden "from my not wanting ...." ?
5
0
No, no, no! I meant is there a specific way IN HERE to show my appreciation to someone!? I am aware of the basic phrases in turkish language - part of my language (and also of my dialect is related to this language). As you can see, my questions are regarding not translation but understanding.
Kitabimin baştan savma okunmasini istemedigimden = Because I didn't want my book to be read sloppy 1. "bastan savma" is an idiom. It is not meant the beginning of the book. If so, it would have been "Kitabin basi" 3. It(-den) is not "from" here. It means because, since. 2. Kitabimin bastan savma okunmasi = My book being read sloppy And if istemek (to want) is used in -i hali. okunmasi + i and you need a letter between these two vowels, kaynastirma sesleri.
You can say "Tesekkurler". I will copy/paste this answer so that you can finalize the question if you think answer is satisfactory.
how do I thank someone for his/her help?
anthony
English, Turkish
Turkish