Got (have, did) Hi, there Let’s suppose my wife and I are making the bed in the morning and we are putting a fitted sheet on. She is on one side of the bed, and I am over on the other side(can I say “OVER on the other side)? Then she says “There, I got this side already. Have you got it over there?” ................Would it sound odd?... And another thing: should I respond with “Yes, I have” or “Yes I did”? or “Yes I do”? Thank you very much!!
"Over on the other side" sounds completely natural to me. In fact it's probably what I would say. I'm surprised that it sounds unnatural to DavidK, since we're both writing from the US. Maybe certain regions use "over" more than others. As for your main question, I think a lot of different answers are possible, and different native speakers will have different preferences. The problem is that the question itself ("Have you got it over there?") is somewhat unclear. It's a perfectly normal question, but still, we can't tell whether your wife is asking "Have you still got the sheet in your hands?" or "Have you got the sheet fitted into place properly?" or "Have you got your side of the bed finished?" or "Have you got the situation under control over there?" or something else. The "it" in her sentence is ambiguous. Different people will interpret the "it" in different ways, and will give different answers. To me, "I have" sounds okay ("Yes, I have [got it]."). "I did" sounds wrong, because it doesn't respond to the question your wife asked. (It would be okay if her question had been "DID you get it over there?") "I do" also sounds wrong, for the same reason. (It would be possible, but still awkward, if your wife had asked "DO you have it over there?" We normally only answer "I do" when the question is about a habitual action, not something we're currently doing.) To me, the most natural response to "Have you got it over there?" would be "Yes, I've got it" (if I'm still fixing the sheet) or "Yes, I got it" (if I'm already finished fixing the sheet), or something like one of DavidK's suggestions -- "Yes," "Yeah," "Got it," "Yep, it's done."
"I am over on the other side", or "I am on the other side" are both equally good. Your responses aren't natural. "Yes I have" and "Yes, I do" are close, but still sound a little strange. I'd say, "Yes, I've got it" or "Yes, I have it".
"I got' used as "I have" is an American thing. To British English speakers "I got" is past tense. I got a loaf of bread yesterday. I got a loaf of bread. - (past, same as above) I got a loaf of bread -(at least some Americans will hear) I have a loaf of bread. <shudder, cringe>
I think it would be unnatural to say “over”. “I finished my side. Did you finish yours? She is on one side of the bed and I am on the other. She is making one side of the bed and I am making the other. After she finished her side, she said “I’m done. Are you?” I answered “Yeah”. I answered “Yes, I’m done.”
..