Marcell Santos
Thash in a Thash can Hello everyone. I'd like to know which verb should I use to the action of put the trash in a thash can? When we don't need more something we ....
In general, if I don't need something I throw it out or throw it away. These are used the same as "jogar fora" in Portuguese. If a trash can is involved, I would use the preposition "in". For example: The apple was spoiled so I threw it in the trash can.
Thank you for your explanation Trev. I appreciate your help.
Yes you can use "throw away" as well. It depends what you want to say though. If I know the context then it's easier. Examples: "Please throw away the trash." "Don't throw away my banana." Past tense examples: "I threw(past tense) out the trash yesterday." "I threw the banana into the trash can already. Sorry."
Thank you Mira. Could I also use throw away? Is that correct?
When I don’t need something, either I recycle it or I throw it out. I throw trash into the trash can.