gggse123
question which is nautral? To travel through a landscape skippingly is almost the same thing as not to have done. To travel through a landscape skippingly is almost the same thing as not to do. if both sentences are all correct and natural, is there any difference in the meaning?
1
0
I am not really sure what you mean by skippingly. Like, "fleetingly"? or "quickly"? In the sentence as it is, the verb at the end basically cancels out the verb and the adverb, like saying "to be is almost the same as not to be" but it seems to me that you want to say something like "to travel fleetingly through a landscape is almost the same as not traveling at all" repeating the verb helps the reader understand what you are referring to. Also, the verb form at the beginning and end should match so if you say 'to travel' at the end you should say 'not to' and if you say 'not to have done' at the beginning you should say 'to have travelled'. I hope this makes sense, it is difficult to explain!
gggse123
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean