Olga (Ольга)
Are these examples on 은/는 and 이/가 correct? 안녕하세요. Even though, I've been learning Korean for 5 months now, I still feel quite unsure about topic and subject particles. Recently, I've found very good examples, which helped a lot to understand 은/는. And now I'm trying to use 이/가 in the same sentences to see an actual difference between these particles. Here are the examples on 은/는 (not mine): 오늘 날씨 좋아요. Today the weather is good (as a neutral statement of what I see outside). 오늘은 날씨 좋아요. TODAY the weather is good, but lately it was bad. 오늘 날씨는 좋아요. Today the WEATHER is good, but everything else is not so good. So, I tried to rewrite the same sentences with 이/가, but I'm not quite sure if they have any sense: 오늘이 날씨 좋아요. TODAY the weather is good (as if I'm really glad that the weather is good TODAY, because I'm going to picnic this very day). 오늘 날씨가 좋아요. Today the WEATHER is good (as if I just walked outside and discovered that weather is unexpectedly good, like, WOW! The weather is really good). So, the question is whether I've got an idea of 은/는 and 이/가 correctly and if my sentences on 이/가 could be used in this context. 감사합니다!
Here are the examples on 은/는 (not mine): 오늘 날씨가 좋아요. Today the weather is good (as a neutral statement of what I see outside). 오늘은 날씨가 좋아요. TODAY the weather is good, but lately it was bad. 오늘 날씨는 좋아요. Today the WEATHER is good, but everything else is not so good. So, I tried to rewrite the same sentences with 이/가, but I'm not quite sure if they have any sense: 소풍가기에는 오늘이 날씨가 좋아요. TODAY the weather is good (as if I'm really glad that the weather is good TODAY, because I'm going to picnic this very day) -> (I will choose today for a picnic, compared to other days because the weather is nice). 오늘 날씨가 정말 좋아요. Today the WEATHER is good (as if I just walked outside and discovered that weather is unexpectedly good, like, WOW! The weather is really good).