Kai
English Grammar. Hi Friends, which one is right? A.)Hypocrite is the one that I hate the most. B.)Hypocrite is the people that I hate the most. C.)Hypocrite is who I hate the most
1. None of them are. You need to use the plural ("Hypocrites") and conjugate the verb ("are") 2. As a native speaker, I would say "I hate hypocrites more than any other group of people." but if you insist on starting your sentence with "hypocrites," then "Hypocrites are the people that I hate the most." 3. "Hate" is a very, very strong word (in the US). And your sentence implies that you hate lots of groups of people. That's a lot of hate. It's very offputting. Would "I don't like hypocrites" or "I hate hypocrisy" still convey what you mean?
B is the closest to correct but it needs a small change. Remember that in English 'people' is always plural, so the sentence should read: Hypocrites are the people who (or that) I hate the most.
Thank you Matthew.
Hypocrites are the ones (that) I hate the most. Hypocrites are the people (that) I hate the most. Hypocrites are who I hate the most.
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian