آنا
Is there any other way to reply 'How're you'? I was taught to say "I'm fine. Thank you..." and it may be a bit boring if one replies too many "Fine. Thankyou."... A Chinese man was driving a car in a foreign country, and his car accidentally fell down the road. A policeman came over and asked the Chinese man, how are you? Then the man, because of habitual thinking or the influence of years of exam-oriented education, blurted out, "I'm fine, thank you, and you?" and the policeman said "I'm fine too, I'm glad you are alright," then he walked away, just walked away... Of course, this is a cold joke... However, it also makes me think how to reply HRU in a different way...
5
0
There is many ways to answer this question. "I'm fine thanks" is quite formal. We would say positive replies Good thanks Not bad Pretty good thanks Can't complain Living the dream (a bit funny tbh) The list goes on.. Negative Not great to be honest A bit under the weather (sick) Knackered (slang for tired) I've had better days So busy List goes on!
Some other options are: "Not too bad, thanks". "I'm good, thanks". "Pretty good, thanks". These all say the same. The 'thanks' is optional, but you generally say it to be more polite. I tend to use "Pretty good, thanks" or "Not too bad, thanks".
You can reply and say "Not Bad", similar to Chinese 不错
آنا
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, German
Arabic, English