simba0722
Does this sound natural? 1. I try constructing simple English sentences, but it always end up too wordy somehow. 2. I try making straightforward English sentences, however I always find myself writing verbose (long-winded or over-elaborate) sentences somehow.
Hello Simba, There is nothing wrong with the use of uncommon words when you are speaking with someone who can understand them! To sound more like a native speaker, I suggest changing the word order and a couple of words. In the first sentence, the word, SENTENCES, is a plural noun, so you need to use the word, THEY.) 1. I try to make simple English sentences, but somehow they always end up sounding too wordy. For the second sentence, you need a comma before and after the word, "however". Using both always AND somehow sounds unnatural. If you want to be verbose, you could add a few more unnecessary words. 2. I attempt to construct concise English sentences, however, and in spite of this, I continually find myself writing in a verbose (long-winded or over-elaborate) style. Hope this helps
I agree with the correction that Mathew made. Also remember for most native speaker the word verbose is not used very often in everyday speech
I got it. Thank you!!
I try to construct simple English sentences but they always end up too wordy. There's nothing wrong with being verbose, just try to remember it's best to eschew obfuscation!