Ekaterina
What is the difference between "reasons for" and "reasons of"? I read one article and there were 2 different subheadings among other - "Reasons for Global Warming" and "Reasons of Global Warming". I don't understand what the difference between them. Could someone explain to me, why in one case we should use "reasons of" and in another - "reasons for"?
6
0
Reasons for global warming is correct. Reasons of global warming is incorrect - perhaps it was a mistake in the article!
The title "Reasons for Global Warming" is correct. You could also say " Causes of Global Warming". "Reasons of Global Warming" is wrong.
Drew Bennett, well, I guess you are close to the truth. The column with "Reasons for global warming" has information about it as a chemical process (about CO2, Sulphur, CFCs, and Methane and their contributing to global warming). The column with "Reasons of global warming" is about human impact in the production of these gases (technological advancement, industrialization, urbanization, and also deforestation) so I thought that these constructions have different meanings and I wonder how to use them in other situations. But native English speakers have written below that only one variant is possible - "Reasons for global warming".. so maybe there is a mistake in this article. Thank you anyway!
"Reasons for Global Warming" would be arguing WHY Global Warming exists I think! (considering there are people who deny it being real)... However "Reasons of Global Warming" on the other hand would indicate to me how it exists, what has caused it... I think! haha, hope this helps a bit :)
Ekaterina