gggse123
one of him I sent him one of my school pictures and asked for one of him. "him" means his pictures? Does "him" commonly mean his things?
2
0
No, 'one of him' does not mean a picture that belongs to him. 'One of him' has nothing to do with possession - it means a photograph of his face. Compare the structure with this: I admired Jane's flowers and took a photo of them. ( a photograph of the flowers). When I graduated, a professional photographer took a formal picture of me. ( a portrait of me) If you are talking about things that belong to people, you need to use the possessive pronouns: A photo of mine/yours/his/hers/ours/theirs = These photos belong to these people If you are talking about photos, pictures, portraits, etc in which these people feature, you use the object pronouns: A photo of me/you/him/her/us/them = You can see these people in these photos I hope this makes sense.
gggse123
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean