mayllt
what does "one armed paper hanger"here mean? Well girlie I suppose you thought I was never going to answer your letter but have been busier than a one armed paper hanger the last week as have been working on a number with Paul Sears who is one of the best lyric writers in N. Y. and has turned out as many hits as Berlin or Davis or any of them. And believe me girlie he has turned out another hit this time that is he and I have done it together. It is all done now and we are just waiting for the best chance to place it but will not place it nowheres unless we get the right kind of a deal but maybe will publish it ourselves.
1
0
haha, that's actually pretty funny. The person is making a joke. He says he's "busier that a one armed paper hanger". "Paper hanger" means someone who applies wall paper. Wall paper is a decorative paper that you glue to the walls of your home... https://youtu.be/aRnjWu1B9oE?t=395 You can imagine how difficult this would be if you only had one arm. You would have to work really fast with that one arm!
mayllt