Kai
English Hi Friend what are the differences between them? A.)is She your friend No, I just knew her. B.)is She your friend No, I have just known her.
Hi Kai! I second what Matthew said. In the case where you met the person recently, and you are not actually friends yet, you would say "I just met her." However, there is a different answer if you are talking about someone you used to know in the past. If somebody asks you "Was she your friend?", and you would like to say that you were not friends, but you knew who she was, you could say "No, I just knew her." or "No, we were just acquaintances." Please let me know if this makes sense or if you have any questions! Savannah
Thank you Guys !!!
I agree that these are unusual and awkward ways of saying things - but the difference will be: A) Is she your friend? No, I just knew her. (and implies I don't know her now.) B) Is she your friend? No, I have just known her. (and still know her - but not as a friend.)
You wouldn’t say, you known or knew someone, the more common saying is, “No, I just met her”
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian