younes
hi gist of sentence? hi there:i dont understand this part"even if one is a sea anemone. Actually, that’s not so if one is a sea anemone. Some sea anemones are three hundred years old and going strong" I think it didn’t change it essentially. It may have deepened it. We all know that we’re going to die sometime, that human beings are mortal, that life has a limited span, even if one is a sea anemone. Actually, that’s not so if one is a sea anemone. Some sea anemones are three hundred years old and going strong. But when you have something like this, you know it’s there, that it’s not completely removed. And I think it’s given me a paradoxical feeling of how precious life is, and how precious time is. And not to waste it. I do speak more easily to other people with cancers and things, because I can speak as one of them.
3
0
"even if one is a sea anemone." "one" sometimes is used instead of "you" when making statements that are not specifically directed at the reader. So it means the same as "we are all going to die, even if you were a sea anenome." "are three hundred years, and going strong" It means that there are some sea anenomes that are 300 years old and in good health (not going to die soon).
younes
English, Persian (Farsi)