Community Web Version Now Available
L. K.
Is there any adjective to call someone who runs over someone or something with a car? I've read that the word used in Spanish is "atropellador", but I have never seen it before, so it doesn't matter if it isn't usually used in English. I just need to know an equivalent. Thanks!
Aug 4, 2019 6:44 PM
Answers · 5
In English, we use a common expression, "hit and run driver", for a driver who hits a person and then leaves the scene of the accident. In the insurance industry, if you cause an accident, damage another car and injure another driver, you are called the driver "at fault". If someone acts in a careless way causing another person to be injured, legally you are called a "negligent driver".
August 4, 2019
No, there is no specific term for someone who has been in an automobile accident. The certain terms that exist are specific to different situations. Naomi's sums it up.
August 5, 2019
Hit 'n run offender
August 4, 2019
I am afraid not 😔
August 4, 2019
L. K.
Language Skills
English, French, German, Spanish
Learning Language
English, German