Should I write a comma after the form of address? Hello, dear friends! Should I write a comma after the form of address? In Russian language we should write it, but I never have been a situation on Italki when someone write a comma after the adress. What should I do? And I wanna know about a comma in French too. Thanks so much!
Do you mean after ‘direct address’? If so, then yes, you should insert a comma after a noun of direct address. Examples: Dan, can you stop by the store after work? Are you sure, Patricia, that he mean that? I hope this helps!
what?
Hello, Hugh. I found this word in a dictionary. For example, you decided to write a letter or a message. You're starting with words: "Hello, my dear friend!" I want to know how should it be: "Hello, my dear friend!" or "Hello my dear friend!".
I don’t quite understand what you mean. Can you give an example of what you mean by “form of address”?